• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Where are the Pacific Paddling Symposium reports?

What's to tell. A hundred sea kayakers, the best instructors around, great location, great organization it was the most fantastic weekend I could think of. Everything about it was first rate. Everybody I talked to felt the same way. Yes there was some WestCoastPaddler members there. Met a ton of kayakers.

Barry

It was a fun event and great to be involved with. James, Ken and I were kept pretty busy coaching Greenland skills and rolling, but that did not stop us from having fun! Great to meet many new paddlers from near and far! The event was well organized and busy and the location was great!

I attended PPS with my daughter Alexa. The venue, instruction, food, weather and fellow paddlers were awesome! So much was going on, and so well, that I managed nary a photo with my fogged up camera.

Well done PPS staff, volunteers and instructors.

I fear next years ticket may become unobtainium.

Haven't been on this site for quite some time...

First...nootka's comment:
Dubside was a no show, so James & Mike were overworked.
Explanation: Dubside was turned back at the border...he made the fatal mistake of admitting he was coming into Canada to 'Work'...without a Work Visa he was turned away.
As Mike Jackson mentioned...James Manke, Mike, and myself picked up the slack.
All things considered...everything worked out quite well I thought.

A 'Little Bird' has informed me there will be an announcement regarding PPS in the very near future...

ta ta,
Ken B

I would want a refund if I signed up for a Dubside session and ended up with an "instructor" who was unfamiliar with the advanced rolls.

A little hint re Netiquette, Nootka

Your use of ..."instructor"... comes across as pretty offensive. What is wrong with ...instructor...?

Back