• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

WANTED: Pygmy Osprey 15.8

They all seem sorta related to me, so here's a more usable murrelet at 17 x 1-10:
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/d/17-hand-made-wood-sea-kayak/6666043157.html

00j0j_3Iw3PI86GUk_1200x900.jpg

I built an Osprey Std, back in 1996, used it quite a bit, as a quick, responsive backwater boat. Stable, beamy, and very usable in small surf, also. Loved the boat, but sold mine five years when the stable got to big. It has since served a family on lakes in Minnesota, some 17 more years. Not as fast as a Coho or a Murrelet, perhaps, but a very fun vessel. I introduced eight or ten buddies to backwater sea kayaking using it.

I have an Osprey kit that I brought with me when I relocated from Washington state to Albuquerque, New Mexico. At present I don't have space to build it, and places to paddle are quite far from me. I enjoy the challenges of Pygmy kit building however and may build it anyway this winter. If you're interested in a kit I may be interested in selling. Getting the kit and helpful extras to you may be quite expensive depending on your location, but let me know if you're interested.

Back