• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - Black Pearl for sale.

BlackPearl

Paddler
Black Pearl rolling kayak for sale in the Comox Valley. Bead and cove red cedar strip construction dyed black before fg covering. Kayak Sport skeg. 19' long, 19" wide, weight approximately 30 lbs. Will fit someone 6' or less and approx 170 or less. $250

P8200605.jpg P8200604.jpg DSC_0680.jpg

I'm getting an error when I try to send a 'conversation'. Could you please contact me either by email (doug_king@telus dot net) or my home number (604-463-6627) after 7 this evening? I live in Maple Ridge and would plan to come over sometime this weekend to check it out if that works for you.
Doug

Can I try the Black Pearl out before it is sold? Just to compare it to a Tahe.
And if the sale to Doug falls through, I'm a possibility.

Will have to know cockpit size so I bring the right tuilik.

Hard to believe that price isn't a typo. o_O
Yes, a great deal at $250 as you wouldn't get much of a start on the materials for that. Strip boats are a hard sell generally,though.....I sold my (quite nice) Outer Island for $500 IIRC and my strip Romany copy sold for $1200 after a long stretch on the market.

I'm getting an error when I try to send a 'conversation'. Could you please contact me either by email (doug_king@telus dot net) or my home number (604-463-6627) after 7 this evening? I live in Maple Ridge and would plan to come over sometime this weekend to check it out if that works for you.
Doug
Doug, I’ll call you about 8 pm today. Sent separate email to you.

Can I try the Black Pearl out before it is sold? Just to compare it to a Tahe.
And if the sale to Doug falls through, I'm a possibility.

Will have to know cockpit size so I bring the right tuilik.
Al, I’ll be going up to Quadra on Thursday. Could meet you at the ferry (not sure what time yet) with BP and then pick it up on Friday. Cockpit is 23 x 17.5

Boat is quite narrow and didn’t suit Paddlesores. Nootka was next in line and has committed to buying with pickup date of Thursday. He has already rolled the BP multiple times so it is probably a done deal. If that falls through for any reason, I’ll be in touch. Thanks for your interest.

That sounded way better than 'paddlesores is quite wide and didn't suit the BP'. :D
It was really disappointing that it was a little too tight for me. It's a fantastic looking kayak and whoever does end up with it will be a lucky individual.
It was great to meet up with you again Doug spend some time talking kayaks. I appreciate you holding onto it until I had a chance to try it out. Take care and hope to see you on the water some time.
Doug

That sounded way better than 'paddlesores is quite wide and didn't suit the BP'. :D
It was really disappointing that it was a little too tight for me. It's a fantastic looking kayak and whoever does end up with it will be a lucky individual.
It was great to meet up with you again Doug spend some time talking kayaks. I appreciate you holding onto it until I had a chance to try it out. Take care and hope to see you on the water some time.
Doug

Back