• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - MARINER XL FOR SALE

Bergie

Paddler
Two (2), Mariner XL Kayaks For Sale!

You would be hard pressed to see two matching Mariner XL Kayaks coming up for sale very often. These kayaks were used infrequently and have been stored for the last 15 years! Yes they have some dirt, dust, and grime on them, and some of the decals may be faded, but with a little cleaning you will have two of the best kayaks ever. These two kayaks with serial numbers C213 and C222, (see photos), will not show up on any stolen kayak list, so check by going to http://www.marinerkayaks.com/stolendb.htm which is a data base of stolen or lost high end kayaks, to check if the kayak you may be considering is on this list. These kayaks came with the more expensive sliding seat option as well as the integrated rear waterproof bulkhead, I do have two flotation bags for the front end of each kayak and two bilge pumps. The area behind the adjustable sliding seat has the custom waterproof bulkhead that was installed when the kayaks were built.

I made the decision to sell these examples of kayaking artwork, (designed by Cam and Matt Broze), so they would not continue to languish away when there are kayaking enthusiasts who recognize the history of these kayaks and will put them to good use and new adventures.
You are welcome to call me for more details at 206-793-1227 and ask for Don.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 608
  • 8425271C-289E-4231-BEB8-3DCA65ED5256.JPEG
    8425271C-289E-4231-BEB8-3DCA65ED5256.JPEG
    180.7 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 599
Don didn't mention it here, but in the Craigslist Seattle ad, the asking price is $1600USD each.

Are the covers for the rear hatches (hard lid, trim sealing strip and neoprene cover) included?

Don didn't mention it here, but in the Craigslist Seattle ad, the asking price is $1600USD each.

Are the covers for the rear hatches (hard lid, trim sealing strip and neoprene cover) included?
Hi john
I thought I did put the price down but they are $1600 each and yes they come with the hard patch is the near preen gaskets for each as well as the float bags and the bilge pump's. Feel free to call me if you are interested. I think they are priced very fairly but that decision is ultimately up to you

Hi john
I thought I did put the price down but they are $1600 each and yes they come with the hard patch is the near preen gaskets for each as well as the float bags and the bilge pump's. Feel free to call me if you are interested. I think they are priced very fairly but that decision is ultimately up to you
Yes on the rear hatches and the gaskets.

Yes on the rear hatches and the gaskets.
Thanks, Don.
So all three components of each hatch lid are included?
Are the neoprene covers (which go over the hard lid, secured with the trim strip) originals, or newer replacements?

For prospective buyers, Snapdragon makes replacement covers for the Mariner factory rear hatches.
The trim strips were available from KayakAcademy.

Mariner made boats with either foam or fiberglass rear bulkheads. These boats have the foam bulkheads?

Also do you have pictures of the hull condition, especially at the stern where the wear tends to be concentrated?

Thanks, Don.
So all three components of each hatch lid are included?
Are the neoprene covers (which go over the hard lid, secured with the trim strip) originals, or newer replacements?

For prospective buyers, Snapdragon makes replacement covers for the Mariner factory rear hatches.
The trim strips were available from KayakAcademy.

Mariner made boats with either foam or fiberglass rear bulkheads. These boats have the foam bulkheads?

Also do you have pictures of the hull condition, especially at the stern where the wear tends to be concentrated?
John
I am currently commuting home but I will drive by the location where the kayaks are and take additional photos and check on all of the items you are asking about including some photos of the bottom of the hole I will try and get that for you within the next hour I may have to transfer the photos from my phone to a computer since I am not really good at all of this new technology stuff if you can be patient though I will get everything I can for you hopefully tonight

John do you have a phone number or an email I could send these photos to I am really not very adept at doing things from a bone or adding extra pictures to this ad I am at the kayaks right now and I am happy to send you as many pictures as you like. Also Evidently there is another party that just logged on who may or may not be interested I don't know I have have not opened up that reply. Right now you were the first person so I am trying to accommodate you. It would really help if I could just directly send some photos to an email or phone number you have my number.

Don-
I was just inquiring 'in general' and asking for details that most buyers will probably want.
I have owned or worked on most of the Mariner models in the past 10 years or so, and I'm always interested (in theory) in Mariners.
I'm not in the market for more kayaks right now. So please don't 'hold' the XLs for me, at all.

Anybody who is seriously looking for a Mariner is probably keeping an eye on the Craigslist Seattle listings or the offerup listings. (There's a Mariner Escape on offerup @$350, BTW, to give you an idea of the range of prices.)
You may need to be patient, even though it is spring: the buyer excitement season.
:)

If you are having trouble posting the pictures here, I could help- but your pictures in the first posting came through just fine. Send me a message here (Click on my UserName and 'start a conversation') if you need to contact me.

John I took a bunch of photos and I will tell you in all honesty they look even better than I had remembered. Very few minor scratching and certainly nothing that would even be considered outside of even limited wear and tear hopefully you can get me an email or phone number so I can send you these photos

Two (2), Mariner XL Kayaks For Sale!

You would be hard pressed to see two matching Mariner XL Kayaks coming up for sale very often. These kayaks were used infrequently and have been stored for the last 15 years! Yes they have some dirt, dust, and grime on them, and some of the decals may be faded, but with a little cleaning you will have two of the best kayaks ever. These two kayaks with serial numbers C213 and C222, (see photos), will not show up on any stolen kayak list, so check by going to http://www.marinerkayaks.com/stolendb.htm which is a data base of stolen or lost high end kayaks, to check if the kayak you may be considering is on this list. These kayaks came with the more expensive sliding seat option as well as the integrated rear waterproof bulkhead, I do have two flotation bags for the front end of each kayak and two bilge pumps. The area behind the adjustable sliding seat has the custom waterproof bulkhead that was installed when the kayaks were built.

I made the decision to sell these examples of kayaking artwork, (designed by Cam and Matt Broze), so they would not continue to languish away when there are kayaking enthusiasts who recognize the history of these kayaks and will put them to good use and new adventures.
You are welcome to call me for more details at 206-793-1227 and ask for Don.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Price changed on here and Craigs List to $1400.00 each.

Just an FYI to anyone interested in these kayaks. One is now sold and my apologies for not knowing how to edit this for sale advertisement. The remaining kayak is equally as nice as the one just purchased. Any questions just reach out.
Thanks.

I just noticed that the asking price (on Seattle Craigslist) is now $800 USD.
IMO, that's a good price for an XL with a sliding seat, rear bulkhead and rear hatch.

Back