• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Victoria-area paddling buddies

ChristinaI

Hi there, I'm looking for paddling buddies in the Victoria area, for day trips and eventually multi-day trips. I'm not having much luck convincing my non-paddling friends to take up kayaking on a regular basis, so thought I'd reach out here!

Cheers,
Christina

What about joining SISKA [https://www.siska.ca/] - that club is of the greater victoria area . . . and there's bound to be at least opportunities that present themselves if you wish.
And looking at their website, the third 'line' says: "do you want to meet other kayakers?". . . . sound perfect?
SISKA_Poster_WEB_SEPT09_Smaller.jpg

Christina-
SISKA is an excellent club with lots of active paddlers at all levels of expertise. There are 200-300 members and lots of activities - check the website and calendar.
I like it, and all my paddling 'buddies' are members.
Please join us!
:)
I think there are a couple of 'Meetup' groups for paddling in Victoria as well, but I haven't investigated them much.

Back