• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Where did you paddle in August 2019?

LAM

Paddler
Every other year or so we travel to Kamloops for a family kayak down the Thompson. We have dubbed these trips "Taming the Thompson"... these are pictures from Taming the Thompson Part III. We put in at the boat launch in Valley View and paddled down to Cooney Bay on Kamloops Lake.
C&A.jpg

D&A.jpg

Converting.jpg

DK.jpg

Lunch.jpg

Kamloops Lake.jpg

Yes, we are white pelicans.jpg

Yes, we are white pelicans!!

Lila

This past Sunday Doug and I borrowed some kids and took them across Alouette Lake for a wiener roast. Despite the overcast sky and some rain we all had a good time.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Everyone working on the fire while I go and round up wood.
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

She had to do a "roll over"!

Lila

Three Rivers Paddle
We started in Port Coquitlam at Maquabeak Park and paddled up the Fraser River on the South side of Douglas Island. There was a bit of a current running against us so a bit of a slog towards the top of Douglas. Once we turned the corner at the top and headed towards the Pitt River we got a big push from the current in our favor. Then we hit the Pitt River and paddled up past the Pitt River Marina and headed down the Alouette River. 13 K up and 2 hours/23 minutes to the parking lot at Harris Road and we got out for a lunch break. Quick sandwich and back in the kayaks for the 11 K / 1 hour/15 minute trip back to Maquabeak park. The current was in our favor and we appreciated the help! A few pics...(sorry they are out of order!)
1.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Well, as it turns out they are not out of order but there is a duplicate of the first pic....

Lila

I was briefly down on the coast in August and had hoped to paddle from Porteau out around Anvil island with the kids. Unfortunately there were high winds forecast for Howe Sound. Instead we drove up the forest service road to Indian Arm since it's more sheltered with the intention of paddling south to the Power House and back. The drive with the trailer on took a lot longer than I'd hoped and combined with a slight headwind we didn't make it anywhere close to there. We had a nice paddle with picnic lunch at Berg's landing and some dark chocolate at Granite falls on the way back.

P7300360.JPG
P7300372.JPG
P7300373.JPG
P7300380.JPG
P7300385.JPG
P7300402.JPG

The drive with the trailer on took a lot longer than I'd hoped and combined with a slight headwind we didn't make it anywhere close to there. We had a nice paddle with picnic lunch at Berg's landing and some dark chocolate at Granite falls on the way back.

You got to see the nicest part of the Arm! I haven't heard of anyone else accessing that area for paddling by the FS road.

Back