• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

A Short Paddling Film to Cheer You Up!

SalishSeaNior

Paddler
Just watched this 4.5 minute film on Paddling.com. A bit of perspective for ocean adventurers in the time of the Pandemic. It is called Nomads of the Sea

I personally am fortunate to have many places, handy by to paddle. And living in the Province of British Columbia, much of the Northwest Coast is still open and accessible to me. So, spring will soon be here, and vaccines are rolling out. Hopefully, soon we can go back to doing that which we are passionate about doing. Enjoy the reality check.

Cheers, Rick

A quick pic of times past on the Salish Sea with my Son.
IMG_1430.JPG
Just leaving Matia Island, heading toward Lummi Island, San Juan Islands, Washington

I started watching that and realized I'd seen it when it was uploaded about ten months ago. Funny to think of how much has changed since then (vaccine development and distribution) but we're still in a similar situation.

Still, I'm making tentative plans for the summer. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Back