• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Bartender Photos-- Dave's Kayaking Mothership

Glad it works for you, Dave..

I'm glad Pbase suits your needs, Dave. I've always liked it.

In fact, I think your pictures look a lot better on it. I'm seeing more detail now than before. Cool :)

The other thing that's good, in my opinion, is the slide show.

Ian Mc.

I shopped around a bit before selecting pBase. Having the choice of photo size to run during a slideshow or while scanning photos makes it adaptable to folks with a dialup connection, as well as those with DSL or cable.

The one I was using before (Imagestation) crammed all photos into one size, which made for poorer image quality.

I expect most folks will run my photos in the smallest format, then "zoom in" when they see one that has some interest for them.

New photos begin here: http://www.pbase.com/bartenderdave/image/90183164

They detail progress on the cockpit. The large inverted box covers the engine. During photo taking, the grandson had a field day jumping up and down on top. He's a rascal.

The pale gray color is Becky's idea; it is subtly different from the white on the cuddy roof and decks. We lost power for a week, so I had to fidget quite a while between painting the ceilings and floorboards, and (finally!) doing the inside of the hull and the coaming. We got some attractive models to sit at the helm and play vroom vroom on the throttle.

Still got the cuddy lights and a couple little things to do, but I am very close to sliding it onto the trailer.

Pretty big day. Out of the garage.

42_19OnTrailerFrontObliqueWeb_1.jpg

20-foot 4-inch Bartender Surf Scoter

More photos here: http://www.pbase.com/bartenderdave/imag ... 0/original

what a nice 'little' boat dave! i bet you'll just have loads of fun from her.

looks just ready to go.

Astoriadave said:
Yup. Plus, there are personal benefits to having the garage back. :wink: Becky is very happy to be able to park in it. So am I.

Hi Dave,

I finally had a chance to look at all your photos, and the boat is beautiful! I really like the idea of a small boat like this designed to handle well in lively waters. Well done! :D

Melissa

About one dry day of prelaunch prep and I can get this thing wet.

Latest progress: Machined a Trex two by four into U-shaped "extrusions" 1-inch tall by 1-1/4-inch across, and went at slapping this stuff onto the coaming edge, bedding/bonding with 4200. Worked pretty good, in the end. Also placed some oarlock mounts made from a scrap of teak someone gave me. New photos here: http://www.pbase.com/bartenderdave/image/91847928

Oooee! Water time!

Great to see you getting to the water stage, Dave! This Bartender of yours has been a labour of love, but like everything else in life, it can't sit still forever. Time to sea trial it! :D

I know it's going to be everything you hoped for...a great piece of work.

Ian Mc.

p.s. I'm happy you're on pbase. THe pictures really show well!

Back