• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Boat identification

Sourpatchcody

Hi all, I've been lurking around this forum for a while, hoping to get some answers to my restorative questions.
My big question is; "What in the heck do I have?!". I traded a little trailer for a fiberglass dory a year ago. Being an autobody guy, I began sanding to refinish it as someone had painted camo all over it. As I began peeling back the layers, she got better and better looking and now I'm at the point where I don't know if I should be planning on bringing her back to original or move towards a more customized look like I am used to doing.
Can anyone help me identify my boat?!

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_193101029.jpg
    IMG_20200822_193101029.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20200822_193045777.jpg
    IMG_20200822_193045777.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20200822_193004055.jpg
    IMG_20200822_193004055.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 232
That number you found is the HIN (Hull Identification Number).

A search "HIN lookup" will get you to a site like:

And this info:
The serial number of the HIN is 00230 and is set by the boat builder. This boat or vessel has a Certification Date of (1973) and a Model Year of 1973 with month of build (August) based on the formatting of your hull_identification_number (HIN) .

The manufacturer identification code (MIC) of your craft identification number (CIN or HIN) is RFB. This MIC (RFB) stands for the company name Fluid Motion Llc which is currently Out of Business. This boat manufacturer has other company names (RFB sometimes goes by these name(s) Platinum Marine, Ranger Boat Co, Ranger Fiberglass Boats, or ).

This company (Fluid Motion Llc) is owned by John Livingston and is located at 25802 Pacific Hwy S in Kent state of Wa. It manufactured this vessel and placed your HIN or CIN on the hull. This Boat maker is not owned by a parent company. Fluid Motion Llc has started making boats, yachts and other watercraft as of 6/26/1972 and went out of business on (3/27/2001) in the following country: USA.

The Model Name is Unknown for this Fluid Motion Llc. Contribute to the database please:

So that should get you a bit further down the road on your search for model specifics.

Wow! If only all online forums had contributors like you! I had gotten as far as the year of manufacturer and the company of "Fluid Motion", but I thought that I had hit a dead end when it was indicated to me that they only made larger vessels. Thank you very much for your quick and informative reply!

Back