• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Breakfast Chia

WGalbraith

Paddler
Over the years I have tried a number of hot breakfast choices and now swear by Chia. It replaces the tear off porridge packs that are full of "Junk" and sugar, the steel-cut oats and and the reqular quick oats. My new favorite breakfast porridge is fast, nutritious and packs very small. It usually comes in a heavy duty zip lock back that packs well and it is fast to cook.

For one person, soak 3 tablespoons of Chia in 1 cup of water or coconut milk. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add a chopped up banana and 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter. Bring to a boil and then shut off your stove. Wrap up the pot in a towel, sweater or whatever is handy and allow it to stand while you heat up water for a hot drink. Dig in after adding your favorite of brown sugar, butter, powdered milk, a pinch of salt or maple syrop.

Another variation on the PB and banana is to soak a 1/4 cup of dried fruit in the water while bringing it to a boil.
Works for me.

Back