Foggy Paddle on Alouette Lake

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by LAM, Dec 9, 2017.

1. LAM

LAM Paddler

Doug and I wanted to test out some new equipment so we loaded up the kayaks and went up to the lake for a weiner roast. It was so foggy out there!

Nordkapp.jpg

Foggy Dock.jpg

Lila.jpg

Doug.jpg

Into the Fog.jpg

Still foggy.jpg

Fog Lifting.jpg

After a few hours the fog lifted and the sun showed up.

No more Fog.jpg

Alouette Lake.jpg

Back at the dock you can now see down the lake.

It was an awesome day on the water. Pretty quiet out there today.

Lila

2. chodups

chodups Paddler

Wonderful images! Thanks for the view.

3. Paul S

Paul S New Member

Hi Lila,

I live in Burnaby, previously a Maple Ridge resident. I've done overnights at the Pitt Lake campsites many a time but have never ventured out to Alouette on my kayak yet. Are there established Marine campsites up there? Do they have good spots to set up tents, any toilets, etc.?

Paul

4. pawsplus

pawsplus Paddler

Beautiful pix! What a great trip. :)

5. LAM

LAM Paddler

Hi Paul. There are established campsites on Alouette Lake. Moyer Creek Campsite (approx. 8.5 k from boat launch on west side of lake) has picnic tables and an outhouse. The Narrows (approx. 10 k from boat launch, also on west side of lake) has a few tent sites, no picnic tables, there is an outhouse. At the end of the lake (approx. 16.5 k from the boat launch) there is an outhouse but no picnic tables and no "established" tent sites, but lots of room. Alouette Lake gets very busy with motor boats so we only go on the shoulder season.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Astoriadave likes this.
  6. Paul S

Paul S New Member

Hi Lila. Appreciate the information, and thank you for the advice. Shoulder season is the best time to go! A cooler paddle, earlier sunsets to enjoy the stars on overnight trips, and you appreciate the campfire more in the cooler temperatures. My favourite local spot is Osprey Creek on Pitt Lake, there's always enough driftwood to have a fire on overnight trips and the views just can't be beat. Happy Paddling!