Happy Anniversary, WestCoastPaddler!

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Mark_Schilling, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

It's possible that I may have my dates confused, but I believe that today is officially the 10th anniversary of WestCoastPaddler.com! Many thanks to the other site admins, our leader Dan, and each and every one of you who contributes to the site and helps to make it what it has become - a premier place to chat about all things paddling. Here's to another 10 fantastic years!

2. drahcir

drahcir Paddler

The forum is often fun reading, but I hope the forum leaders realize what an incredibly useful service it provides. They also help maintain the tone of civil discourse. A newbie can come to this forum and find sympathetic and useful help!

THANKS and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

3. pawsplus

pawsplus Paddler

Happy Anniversary! It's a great forum and has been so very helpful to me. :)

4. kayakwriter

kayakwriter Paddler

A huge shout-out to Dan and all the site admins who give so generously of their time and create such a wonderful community for us all.

5. JohnAbercrombie

JohnAbercrombie Paddler

My thoughts exactly! :D :big_thumb
    Thanks!

6. VanIslePaddler

VanIslePaddler Paddler

If its true... Congrats on 10 years!

7. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Good job, Dan and crew. Keep it up!

8. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Thanks everyone. It's true! The site is now ten years old -- westcoastpaddler.com came online on Fri Mar 18, 2005 at 12:55 pm.

Born out of a lack of places on the web (at the time) to learn about sea kayaking, six of us neophyte paddlers launched the site with the objective of having a place to share experiences, learn from one another in the community, and connect with other paddlers. Thanks to co-founders Mark, Steve, Andy, Robert, and Darren (and Mick who later became an admin) for the contributions they have put into this to make it successful.

We've had some terrific experiences and stories over the past ten years -- people come and learn here everyday, share their vast amount of relevant and helpful knowledge, tell fabulous paddling stories, post tons of beautiful photos, and many, many real life friendships have resulted -- exactly what we set out to achieve has occurred and we can't be more pleased. It's been fun and rewarding contributing to a fantastic community of paddlers and I hope to see the benefits of this website continue for a long, long time to come.

Mostly though, I'd like to give a heartfelt thank you to all of you who come to the site (whether you post in the forums or not) -- it's been a real pleasure working on and maintaining the site over the years but it's you who have truly built the community.

Dan
    -----

9. dut

dut Paddler

Happy anniversary! Thank you to all of you who keep this running.

You have every reason to proud of this magnificent site. The west coast provides world class paddling and thanks to all of you we have a world class forum to talk about it. I for one am a paddler thanks to WestCoastPaddler because you provided a place for me to obtain information and a view of the kayaking world I was about to join. I'm sure many others can thank WCP for being involved in kayaking today.

Thank you

Barry

10. Tatlow

Tatlow Paddler

A stellar site with enthusiastic participants ever so willing to share wisdom, opinions, knowledge and encouragement - the tone well orchestrated by you Dan and the WCP Original Cast...plus 1. Here's to 10 more contributing to the enjoyment and safety of our sport/recreation. :big_thumb

11. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Strong, even handed moderators have made this a haven for reasoned, informative paddletalk, drawing in wonderfully well informed, patient, and creative contributors. Gotta love those trip reports. Keep 'em coming, folks!

12. Rodnak Kayak

Rodnak Kayak Paddler

Happy 10th WCP, already 10 years! Went by fast, huh?
    This site, and people like you have made me friends, become friends, and let me learn and share in complete comfort, as a newbie, and now as a slightly more experienced curmudgeon, and person.
    BRAVO WCP :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Live Long and Paddle :lol:

13. a_c

a_c Paddler

This ^. The level of civility and respect for differing opinions is a refreshing change from the often hysterical discourse on many enthusiasts forums.

I appreciate the honest and open exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge (and very welcoming to newcomers!). Kudos to all involved. :big_thumb

14. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Thanks to all! To another 10 years! :big_thumb
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

15. kisielk

kisielk Paddler

I may not post often, and I don't think I've met anyone here in person, but I've found this site to be a great resource for gear chat and inspiring paddling stories. So thanks everyone, and thanks Dan for running this. Here's to the next decade :)

16. Tsunami

Tsunami Paddler

I have to agree, This is a great forum, covering a wide array of travel, safety, exploration, gear and fun.
    I really appreciate all the input about my various inquiries and enjoy reading about other kayakers adventures.
    Thanks to those that make it possible and to the members who contribute in a positive constructive manner, makes for a good spend of time.
    Happy Anniversary!

Tiger Tsunami.