Howe sound and beyond partner

Discussion in 'Paddling Partners' started by Di Maria, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Di Maria

Di Maria New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and to the Squamish area. I'm looking for sea kayak partners for day trip to multi days expedition in the area. I have my paddle canada 1 and have good navigation skills. Let me know if you're interested or know somewhere else I could post an ad to find paddling partners. Thank you all!

2. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

I believe there is a meetup group of paddlers in the lower mainland that you could hook up with. Also in your area, a logical group of paddlers to get to know or talk to is the Squamish Paddling Club. And the vancouver sea kayak club [skabc.org] has an increasing number of adhoc as well as organized trips out on Howe Sound. [it also has an internal short notice trips forum - that often has Howe sound or other trips,etc]. And the club based just up the valley - PIKA - also has a lot of members as well as trips happening all over.

And there's continued and increasing interest in the area. The BC MarineTrails [just volunteers from clubs and any [any] others that are interested] is looking to flesh out a few more sites in the more southerly regions of Howe Sound and hooking them up with a few new [!!!] ones up the lower Sunshine coast and beyond in the next year. Things are happening and we love to hear about new kayakers like you and hopefully your friends.

3. sophiaj

sophiaj New Member

Hey there.. I feel happy for those people who look for an activity partner as it boosts their energy and help one in enjoying paddling more. Having like minded partner is an awesome thing to posses. Just Google it or post your ad in Craiglist in the area where you want to do Paddling or go to any sports social network to search the best one. Wishing you all the best!