• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

I am a newby.......

I love your camera shot ! Very cool !, By the subject line newby , you must be referring to your WCP status because your paddling skills do not fall into the newby category! Thanks for posting, makes me want to get to the ocean!
Dave R

Newby, indeed! Must be why you spend so much time upside down and fall over so easily. ;)

Great video Dunneryak.

Welcome to WCP, there are a lot of great folks here.
Bryan

dvfrggr said:
I love your camera shot ! Very cool !, By the subject line newby , you must be referring to your WCP status because your paddling skills do not fall into the newby category! Thanks for posting, makes me want to get to the ocean!
Dave R
Thanks Dave...tis been a while since I looked on here...very kind comments from you, and I am just learning really ...2 years under my belt now, but last year I threw myself into it and now I crave it too...every week at least....and I did so much fishing before!!
Still.... :big_thumb getting out there is what its all about!!
Richie. :D

Pawistik said:
Newby, indeed! Must be why you spend so much time upside down and fall over so easily. ;)

Great video Dunneryak.

Welcome to WCP, there are a lot of great folks here.
Bryan
Thanks Bryan!
I love to roll...em really I do...lol....
Must post more on here to share the fun.....happy and safe 2014 to all paddlers......
:D

Their was something wrong with my audio, their was just some terrible noise coming from my speakers. :p But the Video was Great! :clap:
Yea NoOb Poster maybe, I have some skills to work on that you seem to be quite comfortable with. Do you "Snap your hips"? I have read thats the key to success when rolling.
I have yet to do any surfing but so look forward to it.
Again, great video.
Thanks,
Tiger Tsunami.

Tsunami said:
Their was something wrong with my audio, their was just some terrible noise coming from my speakers. :p But the Video was Great! :clap:
Yea NoOb Poster maybe, I have some skills to work on that you seem to be quite comfortable with. Do you "Snap your hips"? I have read thats the key to success when rolling.
Again, great video.
Thanks,
Tiger Tsunami.
Thanks Tiger...sorry about the music but you cant please everyone there..lol..

What works for me is the Greenland paddle...to be honest I wont roll as good with the Shuna...but also I fit tight in the boat and get my head right back as far as I can and use my hips too...its all practice...I rolled for hours and hours on my own last summer to improve and now this year I have to work on my weak side...
so on days its windy find a sheltered spot and roll roll roll....
Just get wet and have fun!

Dunneryak said:
Tsunami said:
Again, great video.
Thanks,
Tiger Tsunami.
Thanks Tiger...sorry about the music but you cant please everyone there..lol..

What works for me is the Greenland paddle...to be honest I wont roll as good with the Shuna...but also I fit tight in the boat and get my head right back as far as I can and use my hips too...its all practice...I rolled for hours and hours on my own last summer to improve and now this year I have to work on my weak side...
so on days its windy find a sheltered spot and roll roll roll....
Just get wet and have fun!

Its funny, Van Halen's 1984 album is thirty years old now and going by your taste in music I would guess its older than you are, lol. Seems I am growing in years but loving new technology as far as I am able to keep up. Though I am not really keeping up. So I wonder about your camera. Fantastic video quality with tonns of clarity, I like the saturation and after editing you had over 4 min of footage. This is something.

I also wonder about the Greenland paddle, everyone who comments about owning one loves theirs. I would have thought with such a narrow blade it wouldn't perform as good but thats not what users are saying. What do you like so much about it?
Thanks, And again great video.
Tiger Tsunami.

Edit:
Ok, So I just noticed your Dunneryak, the same guy who posted the recent video from Ireland. :idea: Not too quick on the uptake it would seem :doh:
So anyway those have to be two different cameras then? The video quality of this video far surpasses the video from Ireland.
I just got interested in cameras and specs a few months ago and got what I consider a beauty of a waterproof camera that will suit me nicely. I have yet to use it on the water so I cant comment on that yet but so far playing with the settings I can get some nice shots indoor and outdoor. Though I still have yet to know my new camera and be comfortable with it I am confident once I get there I'll have some nice shots to post up.
So yea, there it is...
Nice kayak BTW.
Tiger Tsunami.

45 in april..... :?
anyways...the camera is the same however the "sunny day" surfing vid was with the old housing and no fog inserts...
The cloudy day vid is with a better housing and anti fog inserts...
Its a gopro HD Hero2...now an old model...
But I think the light also can affect the image as can how wet the lens gets..that is if the saltwater dries on the lens it can be cloudy so the more its wet the better I feel (that's why I keep flipping over actually)
The last thing is temps...the camera gets hot inside the housing so the antifogs are a must...but the temps of the water vary so much all year...its a bit of a minefield...

edit: sorry the Paddle.....what can I say...em its light, its easy on the wrists, its transformed my rolling to 99.9% bullet proof..(I know that will bite me on the ass) its also hard to say... it flows between my hands sometimes longer on each side as needed...and its cool...and the original design...why did the first paddlers not have big blades?
Also the Irish Currach rowing boat an old design uses a thin blade...

Dunneryak said:
45 in april..... :?
anyways...the camera is the same however the "sunny day" surfing vid was with the old housing and no fog inserts...
The cloudy day vid is with a better housing and anti fog inserts...
Its a gopro HD Hero2...now an old model...
But I think the light also can affect the image as can how wet the lens gets..that is if the saltwater dries on the lens it can be cloudy so the more its wet the better I feel (that's why I keep flipping over actually)
The last thing is temps...the camera gets hot inside the housing so the antifogs are a must...but the temps of the water vary so much all year...its a bit of a minefield...

edit: sorry the Paddle.....what can I say...em its light, its easy on the wrists, its transformed my rolling to 99.9% bullet proof..(I know that will bite me on the ass) its also hard to say... it flows between my hands sometimes longer on each side as needed...and its cool...and the original design...why did the first paddlers not have big blades?
Also the Irish Currach rowing boat an old design uses a thin blade...

Thanks for the info. I am only 9 months older so I guess theirs still hope for me yet Ha ha. So I checked out a couple of your vids, "Big country", we were in high school when that came out, takes me back.
I'm still paddling around the harbour until I work on my rolls and get some confidence with that so once I start videoing it wont be as exciting as yours at first. In time though...
I just got a new paddle I have yet to break it in but maybe next year I'll try a Greenland paddle. I do see a lot of advantage to having a stiff piece of wood over a conventional plastic/aluminum paddle.
Thanks again.
Tiger Tsunami.

No...video away...its a great tool...and you will see how you improve....I was out this morning...bloody cold!
Throw up a couple of pice of your boat?? :yikes:

Back