Kayaking BC coast

Discussion in 'Paddling Partners' started by Kheel, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Kheel

Kheel New Member

BC Central Coast

I am looking for someone to kayak with this summer in the Central Coast of BC.
    I have a month off.

Kheel

2. Kayak Jim

Kayak Jim Paddler

Re: BC Central Coast

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to give some more details- what's your experience level, what's your style (crank out the km's or wander about), are you looking for a single month long trip or ?, where are you located (so you could do some day paddles with a prospective partner), etc., etc.

3. Kheel

Kheel New Member

Hi Jim,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I found out about this website from an encounter with a kayaker near the Brooks.
    Didn't know it existed.

I began kayaking about 20 years ago in northern Lake Superior near where I am from. Although it is technically a lake, the north end looks and acts like a sea. I also canoed frequently in Algonquin Park where I learned good packing and camping skills.

However, most of my kayaking over the past 15 years has been on the BC and Washington coast. I have paddled most of the shores of Vancouver Island and some areas North of the Island and south of Haida Gwaii, an area I would like to get to know better.
    I consider myself a very experienced and capable kayaker.
    I guess I am a 'wanderer'. I like to paddle about 4-5 hours a day at most.
    I want to do one long trip during my time off this summer though not necessarily the whole month.
    I live in Vancouver.

Kheel

4. darrenandcolleen1

darrenandcolleen1 New Member

Hi Kheel, I may be interested. I am 51 and live in Terrace. I consider myself a strong, lower intermediate kayaker and would have no difficulty paddling 4-5 hrs a day. What is your time frame and where on the central coast. I would most likely catch the ferry out of Rupert to Hardy, Klemtu, Bella Bella or... to meet up with you. I do have plans for the later half of August already. If you would like to message me directly Facebook Darren Davies. Cheers

5. Kheel

Kheel New Member

Anyone interested in a kayak trip in the central coast (BC) this summer?

Kheelan

6. Pawistik

Pawistik Paddler

We're ALL interested, that's why we're here. :)

Good luck finding the paddling partner you seek.
    Cheers,
    Bryan

7. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Toss out a possible route or area and perhaps a difficulty level, for piquing interest. Central coast covers a lot of options.

8. wesleyp

wesleyp New Member

Kheel, greetings. I'm possibly interested in joining as well. I've never paddled the central coast but it's on my list.

I've paddled for about 12 years and am comfortable in dynamic water and conditions. A 4-5 hour duration would be no problem. I live about 6 hours south of you in Portland, OR.

Want to PM and chat about timing / details?

Wesley

9. Kheel

Kheel New Member

Still looking

Still looking for a paddle partner for a BC central coast trip July/Aug. :(

Kheelan