Looking for advice about finding a sentimental boat a new home

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by bluecanoe, Dec 28, 2017.

1. bluecanoe

bluecanoe New Member

Sad but true.. the time has come to sell the canoe. She is old, has some quirks and is used but my baised opinion is that she is a great boat. I am sure many of you understand perfectly. My dad bought it when my sister and I were young and it is very sentimental to the family but no one can use it right now (parents getting older, other sibling living internationally, storage issues/ injury on my end). Other than wanting a picture of the new owners with the boat, my dad didn’t really have a sense of a fair selling price.

She is a fibre glass Swift winisk from the 90s.

My questions are
    - any good resources for determining an appropriate price?
    - where is the best place online to post an add? (We are Vancouver based)

Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks a bunch. Purely for fun: attached is a picture of how to pack a terrier mutt.

Attached Files:

2. Kayak Jim

Kayak Jim Paddler

I had a Nova Craft Prospector from the late 80's that I sold a few years ago for what I paid for it new ($1350). It was Nova Craft's "entry level" Kevlar (Kevlar CAP), had cherry trim, and was in excellent condition. In the end, it's all about finding a buyer and what they are willing to pay. (no news here)

Thanks for the photo. Cute.

3. bluecanoe

bluecanoe New Member

Thanks for the tips : )
    That is great you got such a great price on your boat. I am glad it is still out there enjoying life : )

4. LAM

LAM Paddler

Hi Bluecanoe.. not sure if you have sold your canoe or not but a great way to see that your canoe is well loved and deeply appreciated is to donate it to a good home, such as https://zajacranch.com/the-ranch/facilities/. I have no affiliation with this facility and not even sure if they would accept this type of donation. If the money is not terribly important but knowing that your old canoe has made someone smile is.... just a consideration.

Lila