Planning 12 days of awesome from Lund

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Brogden, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Brogden

Brogden New Member

Hi Paddlin Peeps,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have loved pouring over trip reports, gear reviews, photos etc on this site and I am in awe of the massive collection of experience and willingness to share your intimate knowledge of our beautiful backyard. My partner and I are planning a 12 day trip leaving from Lund.....and I want this thread to serve as spot for me to both throw our questions into the ether, and, serve as a catch-all for your answers, advice, reccomendations, etc

Very loosely, we're planning to visit Curmes, Roscoe Bay, Pryce Channel, around Maurelle through hole in the wall, Octopus Islands, Read, Marina, Copelands, back to Lund.

Right now I'm curious about if people would choose Waddington Channel (betwixt the Redondas) or Homfray Channel. Both of these options will get us where we need to go...but I'm a bit torn. Which route would you choose and why?

2. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

I would be torn too - as another reasonable circle route would be up one and down the other.

Both seem to have a similar amount of stop opportunities but Homfray is more exposed to N and S winds while Waddington is more sheltered.

DiscoveryDesolation-sm.jpg

If pressed, I would choose Homfray for 2 reasons: 1) a little more dramatic scenery, and 2) the chance that down the line the two Lloyd point sites might be threatened so see them while you can.

3. AM

AM Paddler

Both are nice, but for mountain scenery the nod goes to Homfray. Waddington also see more yachts. That's a nice route you've got planned.

4. Brogden

Brogden New Member

2 for 2 and we'll plan for Homfray. (The planning phase is so fun. Settling on this beaut of a route is just building the stoke:) Thanks for the adventure tingles!)