• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Red Grave Canyon

acblischke

Has anyone paddled Redgrave Canyon North of Donald on the upper Columbia. This is where the Columbia flows into Kinbasket lake. Normally in a raft or ducky I wouldn’t worry, but I will be in a sea kayak. Wondering what the rapids look like at flows above 350cms.

Has anyone paddled Redgrave Canyon North of Donald on the upper Columbia. This is where the Columbia flows into Kinbasket lake. Normally in a raft or ducky I wouldn’t worry, but I will be in a sea kayak. Wondering what the rapids look like
I haven't paddled this stretch (I've only done a bit of day paddling on Kinbasket), but I did find this a few years back:

Maybe he would be willing to share some beta?

The water levels in the rivers this year are likely going to be pretty low compared to average in the Rockies. Last year wasn't great either, and last June I was bouncing off of rocks in my raft that shouldn't have been exposed until August.
Also, Kinbasket is quite murky, and I definitely hit some hidden underwater logs that had been swept down from clearcuts.

Good luck!

Back