REMOVED: Mariner XL $1095

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by designer, Jul 17, 2018.

1. designer

designer Paddler

I'm selling my updated, fixed seat, Mariner XL to make room for another boat. Highlights: This was the last produced XL, beautifully made. Design details can be found at http://www.marinerkayaks.com It's fast and can hold lots of gear with easy loading - no struggling with small dry bags pushed through small hatches.

This boat has served me well on numerous weeklong trips and handled itself well in narrow passes where the current couldn't tell time. We all know the "beaches" in Washington so there are scratches on the hull but no gouges. I clean it and buff it by hand after every trip. I also 303 protect it several times a season. Because of those scratches, and only because of the scratches, I'm listing it as good instead of Excellent.

Its original deck rigging was replaced with the more common criss-cross rigging, a keel strip was added, along with an interior shelf, and BlueWater electric pump - all done professionally by Rhonda Schwab at KayakersGoCoastal, http://www.kayakersgocoastal.net

The cleat on the back deck was removed and the original peddles were replace with Yakama - all done professionally on Orcas Island.

The original peddles and deck rigging are included along with a SnapDragon spray skirt, two float bags, a Silva LB70 handheld and deck mounted compass (deck mount and Pelican case included) along with some misc gear (duffle and dry bags).

AACleanBoat.jpg sprayskirt.jpg pump.jpg shelf.jpg SilvaLB70.jpg accessory.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. designer

designer Paddler

Price reduced to $995. I'll be bringing it up to Seattle in about two weeks and sell it from there.

3. designer

designer Paddler

This kayak is no longer available via this forum; someone else is selling it for me.

Monitor: If you can't delete the post, please mark it "Removed".

PS: if an item has been sold, I understand why you'd keep the post for historical reasons. But if an item is withdrawn before it is sold, I don't see why you can't delete the post, or move it to an archive thread/folder.

4. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

I'll mark it 'removed' rather than deleting - as both the requested price point and especially the photos are certainly of interest to me [and I would assume others] - and especially of mariners kayaks as there aren't so many around and it's nice to see them every now and again. Good luck on the selling.

JohnAbercrombie likes this.