SOLD! - Red cedar strips; hand milled bead and cove. Comox Valley

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by BlackPearl, Aug 21, 2018.

1. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Paddler

Ideal for building a light weight kayak. Milled to build a second Black Pearl but not going to do it! Air dried in lengths of 8', 10' 11' and some shorter. Approximately 300 strips. Not sure of market worth so asking $100. Also have plans for Black Pearl that was never built for $50 and strong back planks for same for $20[GALLERY=] [/GALLERY]

P8210606.jpg P8210607.jpg

2. JohnAbercrombie

JohnAbercrombie Paddler

That's an excellent deal for wood strips. If I were nearby, I'd buy them! (You are not local to Victoria, I recall....)

The BP plans from Bjorn Thomasson are different than the plans you used to build BP#1?
    What paddler size are they for?
    Or, are they a license to build a second boat from the original plans (for your size)?
    For other readers, the BP strip plans are scaled to the paddler size, and you need to provide 'measurements' when you order. Thus my question.

3. drahcir

drahcir Paddler

Oh, John.

Just go buy them!

4. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Paddler

John makes several good points. The Black Pearl plans do have a copy right. The plan for sale is a second set of plans for a build that I did not undertake. It is for someone approximately 5’ 8”, 135 lbs so the dimensions are slightly shorter and slightly narrower than described in my earlier post on my sale of my Black Pearl ie, 18.5 long and 19” wide.

5. JohnAbercrombie

JohnAbercrombie Paddler

Well, first somebody has to buy a boat for me to make an empty spot in my storage rack!! :)
    Just kidding, ....really.... :)

6. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Paddler

All items sold!