SOLD! - Unique kayak for sale - P&H Capella 161

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by Erica, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Erica

Erica New Member

Hi all, I've decided to sell my P&H Capella 161 fibreglass kayak. Manufactured in 2006 I purchased it in 2016 from a previous owner and have used it guiding for 2016/2017 summer seasons up in Powell River. Past two seasons kayak has been stored undercover and used on a couple day trips here and there. Sad to sell but I'm just not getting the use this kayak deserves.

This kayak is wonderful for the smaller paddler with a 21.5" beam (I'm 5'8" and find it's a snug but not tight fit) and is perfect for day trips or shorter multi-day excursions. My personal favourite is the day hatch allowing easy access to gear on the water. Easy to roll, highly manoeuvrable and responsive, you'll have a lot of fun out there!

I've taken great care to maintain the kayak including rinsing after use, storing on edge in an undercover carport, performing light gel coat repairs and buffing the rubber hatches once a season.

One mistake I made this spring involved tying the kayak too tight on my roof racks and slightly 'oil-canning' the hull. Turned out to be minor with no serious damage to the hull, but for reinforcement two fibreglass cloth patches were added to the inside. Yes this kayak has had some good solid use (both by previous owners and myself) resulting in light scratches on the hull, but kayak is still in good condition and skeg works perfectly. The patches of lighter orange on hull are minor gelcoat repairs (it's hard to match hull colour perfectly!)

Yellow P&H logo on deck is unique as this kayak was once owned by a sponsored professional P&H paddler. I'm also including a cockpit cover.

Asking $1500 OBO. kayak is located in Powell River so could move it to the island or Lower Mainland relatively easily.

Cheers! Squirt1.JPG Squirt2.JPG Squirt3.JPG

Raj likes this.
  2. drahcir

drahcir Paddler

Just a comment, not interested in a purchase. I have a fiberglass Capella 163, which I loan to visitors. It's a very fine , well made kayak - typical of P&H. This looks like a good purchase for someone who fits; and it appears to have a keel strip.

3. Agua

Agua New Member

Hi Erica,
    I'm interested in the boat and just sent you a message. I look forward to talking further.

4. Erica

Erica New Member

Sold!