• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

attn sea touring gurus: pls share your bookmarks!

willi

Paddler
Pls share your favorite resources, online or otherwise. Where do you go for everything you need to know about swell, wind, tide, and general forecasting in a new place? What's your favorite book on navigation, forecasting, and general touring know-how.

Last edited:
Using the ShoreZone interface you can 'fly' the entire coastline ahead of time to visualize where good beaches are, etc. Just zoom in on the map on a location you want to see, and the video playhead will load when you get sufficient magnification. The red line is the flight path and the little camera icons shows you where the imagery was taken. I am not aware of data for Canada, but perhaps a similar effort has been undertaken there?

And of course Windy is cool as hell.

Using DeepZoom.com you can see tide/current predictions for the San Juan Island area.

Using the AyeTides app you can see tide/current predictions around Vancouver Island.

I’ve read there’s a lot of water on the surface of the planet. Perhaps you could narrow down your “of interest” area.

Using DeepZoom.com you can see tide/current predictions for the San Juan Island area.

Using the AyeTides app you can see tide/current predictions around Vancouver Island.

I’ve read there’s a lot of water on the surface of the planet. Perhaps you could narrow down your “of interest” area.

Hey Cougarmeat, within 100 miles of Bella Bella somewhere.

Back