• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Bowron Lakes GPS

brendansoltys

Hey all!

I'm heading up to the Bowron Lakes circuit this coming week and was trying to get my hands on some GPS waypoints or a .GPX file for the trip around the lakes. I've read that it is quite easy to navigate, but I enjoy being able to o follow along and such.

Any other advice for the trip is welcome too!!

Thanks everyone,

Brendan

Here's the sites in kml form. Sorry - I cannot remember how I [or if I?] made them [maybe provided? check] - probably by eye on GE prior to going. A few yrs out of date, so recheck if some closed and new ones added.
Just unzip [this site doesn't upload the bare kml file], load them up in whatever program yr using, and output to gpx.

EDITED TO ADD: see eriktheviking's post below for better info.

Attachments

• BowronSites-mka.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Awesome! I'll get working on that this evening and try to post some photos from the trip when I return, thanks for your help!

As you identified, navigating the Bowron circuit isn't really an issue.

I will briefly mention two opinions for your consideration. Firstly, the Cariboo River may be flying in early June. You may be wise to briefly beach your craft at the south end of McLeary Lake so as to allow you to first see and monitor the river flow before you enter the river (departing stagnant lake water). Secondly, the most important piece of equipment for the Bowron is, in my opinion, a large wheeled canoe cart. Although the rental carts are typically very big and heavy, they have the wheel set you desire. In my opinion, a rental cart maystill be the very best $40 (?) rental fee you ever spent.

Back