• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Celebration of lights 2012

pinefresh

Paddler
The yearly fireworks are happening again, July 28, August 1, August 4.

Is anyone going to watch from the water today or otherwise? I'm planning on launching from Jericho to avoid some of the madness in Kits. I bought a 360 deck light and am going to use that with a headlamp and some glow sticks, based on threads from previous years.

Is there anything I should know or would anyone like to join me?

I would be totally interested but my boat isn't accessible this weekend...

And its Honda Celebration of Light now since Honda paid for it....
Which I think is worth mentioning as they stepped up to the plate with the bill.

pinefresh said:
The yearly fireworks are happening again, July 28, August 1, August 4.

Is anyone going to watch from the water today or otherwise? I'm planning on launching from Jericho to avoid some of the madness in Kits. I bought a 360 deck light and am going to use that with a headlamp and some glow sticks, based on threads from previous years.

Is there anything I should know or would anyone like to join me?

It was a pretty good show, not the best I've seen but Vietnam did produce a new technology that at least I've never seen before, I call it a dummy-dud, because it seemed to fizzle in the sky and then hit the water still burning as if by accident but then all of a sudden started spiraling and twisting on the surface of the water... very cool.

I think I ran into one of our newest members (pinefresh=Marshall?) last night, and we paddled back with him to his launch at Jericho and chatted. He's getting the feel of his new craft and (at least in comparison to me) was both present mannered and very polite.. and BTW welcome to join us next time for the BBQ beforehand if he'd like.

I took my Canon 40D and best wide angle lens with me but never ended up taking it out the pelican case so, compliments of a crazy mountain climbing friend who joins me every year, I have a few some photographs to share from last night.

Photographer, Jason Brawn

Attachments

• VietNam.jpg
    VietNam.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • posse.jpg
    posse.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,129
  • Monster.jpg
    Monster.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Video.jpg
    Video.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,126
You can edit your post for about an hour after you create it, and after that it's locked. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. :(

Nice pictures Andrew. Had I been around Vancouver I'd probably have joined you guys this year.

Philip.AK said:
Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. :(
No, there's good reason for it -- we experienced some prior abuse which prompted us to invoke the time limit. If you need something changed or edited after the time limit, contact me via PM and I'll change it for you.

Thanks Dan, unfortunately had my Prospector stolen off the shore of Bowen Island last fall so i've only got the Mackenzie left, guess I would have had to replace it at some point but still... total bummer for the fireworks this year not to be able to loan out a second canoe.

Yes, that was me. Thanks again for lighting the way with your nuclear powered canoe!  It was nice having some people to raft with. I don't think my schedule will allow paddling out on Wednesday, but if you're going next Saturday, I'd love to meet up with you at Spanish banks.

Sounds good pinefresh, drop me a pm or catch me on the water. I was at last night's show by Brazil and it was certainly a cut above Vietnam's. Got my canoe some new lights and a sign too...

Attachments

• 7889.jpg
    7889.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,001
Back