• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Seized 2-piece Paddle

sbourgoin

Where the paddle takes me
Evening,
Wondering if anyone has any secret techniques for separating a paddle shaft to an adjustor on a Cannondale Chameleon Adjustable Paddle for youth. As you can see in the picture there is the middle section where both blade shafts join and you can adjust the length as the kid grows. I can push the toggles in but they can't be pulled apart. I've tried soaking it in a hot tub, wd40, and freezing it...any other suggestions to break down/dissolve the build-up that's holding the 2 pieces together
Cannon Paddle.png

I usually try the behind-the-knees trick that anglers sometimes use on stuck rods of all else fails.

Shock will often break things free when slowly applied force won't. I use a short lifting sling in a double choke on the paddle shaft with the sling looped over my trailer hitch. Give it a sharp yank while pressing the release. You could get the same effect with some static rope properly secured.

Back