• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Anyone Itching to Paddle from Tofino to Victoria?

Kault316

Paddler
First, see my post about this paddling proposal in the General paddling discussions.
I've been consulting with various paddling gurus and am not feeling good about doing this trip solo (which was never the plan - I've had two partners bail on me). I'm tentatively starting next Monday but am also consulting the weather. I am throwing this out there: is anyone interested in joining me? If so, Please call at 604 316 2325. I am very flexible even with the start date. It is becoming more and more evident that this trip should be done as a team for safety reasons.
And, I'll add to this. I have a Pygmy Osprey Tandem. Two experienced paddlers could up the average speed of this journey by 2-3 km/hr. It is a rocket ship. Please share this around. Any potential partner should have extensive experience paddling the west coast.
I have paddled from Port Hardy to Tofino (in stages) and done the Broken and Deer Groups so this is the last piece of the puzzle for me. But I shouldn't sound so desperate....

I paddled Ucluelet to Victoria solo in 2014, the crux wasn't paddling conditions, it was camping along the WCT.

If you plan a short trip like that in the fall or better yet next spring I may be interested.
At this time I am unavailable. My work schedule is crazy until after Labour day

Back