• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Greenland kayaking

yannick

I have been taking my newly built Greenland SOF kayak to the water. First thing I did, was to practice wet exiting. It went fine, and now it is mostly about getting comfortable sitting with legs straight outstretched in front of me (meaning a lot of yoga, and core strengthening !) .
I realize that this kayak wants to roll ! I took a rolling clinic class at the end of the summer last year. Did not manage to land a roll then, but I am hoping that
this kayak will "help" me get there.
I would feel better if I was not alone on the water while practicing some general kayaking skills and some skills more specific to a Greenland kayak.
I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me in the Vancouver area.
I have my Level1 Sea Kayak Skills.
Thanks !
Yannick

Reactions: CPS
I live out in Maple Ridge and am also working on improving my roll. Shoot me a message if you'd like and maybe we can meet up sometime.

Low volume greenland kayaks are a lot of fun to paddle and roll.
I found out that I needed to train to be able to paddle for any length of time.
yoga and stretching, and building Core strength.
Find a skilled teacher for rolling. Once you have good techniques, those low volume sof kayaks will roll up almost as easily as they roll over.

Back